Good Vibes & Good Bras: Finding the Right Size and Style
Have you ever worn a bra and found yourself either yanking at the straps all day or constantly pulling it down to make sure you’re completely covered? Chances are, you may need to adjust your bra size. Having on the wrong size bra can not only be uncomfortable, but it can cause permanent injury. If you’re looking to restock your bra collection, it’s important to not only consider the style, but if the size and shape will be right for your body type.
Here are a few things that you may be experiencing that may determine whether or not you need to adjust your size.
- Posture – If you’re finding your posture being effected and suddenly you’re slouching and not sitting up straight? It may be because your bra is too small.
- Chest Shape – If your chest appears to be sagging, your bra may be too big. If adjusting the straps aren’t helping smooth out your appearance, your bra may be too big.
- Shoulder/Chest Pain – If you’re experiencing a sharp digging feeling in your chest or shoulder blade area, your bra may be too small.
- Back Pain – If you’re experiencing back pain, it may be because your bra is not giving your chest enough support.
Depending on your cup size, bra style may also effect your comfort level. Here are the different cup styles.
According to experts, you should measure each year to ensure proper sizing.
How To Measure:
1. Run the measuring tape around your back, just under your shoulder blades, and up around the fullest part of your bust.
2. Subtract your band size from your bust measurement. The difference is your cup size.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a new bra, choose a brand that offers great quality material, style and compliment your shape. It makes all the difference.